Tuesday, May 29, 2012

SarkodieHopes on winning MTV Africa Music Award

Ghana’s fastest rapper, Sarkodie has expressed delight at his MTV Africa Music Awards nomination and says he knows it will be possible to win that award.
 
Sarkodie has been nominated in the Best Anglophone (English Speaking) category alongside Wande Coal of Nigeria, Daddy Owen of Kenya and Big Nuz of South Africa.

Sarkodie speaking to Joy Entertainment on Drive Time on Monday thanked his fans for their unflinching support. “Last year and this year has been very good for me…After Ghana Music Awards, I asked myself what next? I was in the studio when I got a call that it was not confirmed but it might be possible I will be nominated for the MTV Music Awards. I told myself I need to work much harder to get there.”

“I was in Nigeria last two weeks to meet Akon and I saw the love in Nigeria so when I heard I have been nominated, I thought it was like a step from where I am. I thank all my fans and the people who are promoting Sarkodie but seriously to give you a word on how I feel, I don’t think I have a word for it,” he said.

The Ghana Music Awards Artiste of the year winner said he knows it is possible for him to win the award from the keenly contested category but he will also use the event to expose himself to the world.

“Normally I don’t predict as in what is going to happen. I think every opportunity you need to use the good side of it because in Lagos, I will have the chance to at least be exposed to the world…and try to use the opportunity to promote myself.”

“…but to win, I know it’s possible because I saw the category and I saw the people in there. I know it’s possible. I want Ghanaians as they helped me in the Ghana Music Awards, they can also do the same to this award as well,” he said.

Last year, Samini walked away with the MAMA Best Africa Performer award. This year’s awards will take place on Saturday December 11 at the Eko Expo Centre, Lagos, Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment